Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

CARDBOARDS

Created by kusu > 9 months ago, 12 Jun 2005
kusu
QLD, 485 posts
12 Jun 2005 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Hi, someome asked me in a previous thread to review the carboard/s I use. I think a board is much more difficult to review
as there are not a huge amount of differences in TT shapes these days and it a lot more of a personal preference to what you ride.
But, here you go.
I ride a 138x41 and 130x39. 50mm fins on the 138 and 40mm on the 130.
The boards are very light. I got the 138 in a stiffer flex option which adds a very small bit of weight but they are still very light.

The 138 is a great light wind board for me @ 85kg. I have used it more than the 130 due to the good old Brisbane winds of late.

The quality is 1st rate. I have landed awkwardly alot and really smacked the board in hard and havn't broken them.
In saying that I have only ever broken 2 boards a 132flx and a Hardcore 130.

The concave is very subtle and seems to work very well in smoothing out chop and handling in waves. I would have gone for a soft flex option if I was riding in waves all the time though for a bit more grip and turn in cutbacks etc.

They are bringing out 3 more models to the line up on the website I believe and are the shape/rocker of the ones I have plus a 133x40 from memory - which would be a sweet all round board for me i think.
My other favourite board is a 138 drop ltd which is what I use in surf mostly.

A friend has a 117 cardboard with no heelside fins which I had a go on a while back as well. It surprisingly edges really well without the fins and was a fun ride but too small for me! Felt like
I was tearing around on a skate board like a kid again! All the same alot of fun and I can see how he rides blind so easily!

If anyone wants a spin on the boards they are welcome anytime,

bondo
QLD, 699 posts
12 Jun 2005 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

133x40 sounds perfect eh - the 138 sounds small but looks big when you actually see it.

i remember you saying something about the low amount of rocker on your boards being custom? is that something that has changed on all their production models now?

kusu
QLD, 485 posts
12 Jun 2005 7:45PM
Thumbs Up

just on the 3 newer shapes I believe

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
13 Jun 2005 9:30AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks kusu - I asked.
Two 's
They have 3 flex options I believe Would you know which option compares closest to the 04 FLX
Any ideas on the new 128 x ?? The website says its an ideal ladies board (whatever that means ? - doesnt really matter - Im told Im such a girl so often its probly another advantage )

kusu
QLD, 485 posts
13 Jun 2005 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

I believe the soft flex option would be the closest to the FLx but email Cardboarding for their opinion.

The new shapes are 133x40, 130x38, 127x36 I think but you would have to check with them on that aswell.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"CARDBOARDS" started by kusu