Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Best TS vs North Evo

Created by Wunderlich85 > 9 months ago, 26 Dec 2015
Wunderlich85
34 posts
26 Dec 2015 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone! I have really got my kite search down to almost two kites. North Evo and Best TS.

Has anyone flown these two kites back to back?

I'm looking for an aggressive boosting kite, with good hangtime but will still kiteloop/megaloop well and unhook really well.
I was leaning toward the TS. Can anyone compare these two head to head? Or throw a similar kite in to the mix.

I'm looking for a 5 strut kite.

Happy Holidays!

Lukeyy
NSW, 107 posts
26 Dec 2015 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Best TS any day of the week imo

North Evo has great low end and jumps really well but unhooking is Very powered and wont give you any line slack and probably pull your arms out trying

The TS had much better unhooking due to the micro bridle and seems to turn quicker then Evo

thats just my opinion

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
27 Dec 2015 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Difficult looking for a new kite , for me I've found a kite that ticks all the boxes then flown the next size up (especially) and down , to be very disappointed , here's another couple to look at
Airush union
Cab fx
New hadlow Vegas 2016
Switch nitro
C4
New 2016 rebel

strekke
70 posts
28 Dec 2015 12:48AM
Thumbs Up

For aggressive riding and good unhooked you should look at the Dice instead of the Evo I think. Evo might be easier to boost but when timed right Dice will boost very nicely too.

Thecopterdr
QLD, 98 posts
28 Dec 2015 9:50AM
Thumbs Up

Switch Nitro 5
Great booster with hangtime to burn, kiteloops beautifully without the sudden yank, Built for unhooking.
And at $1250AU delivered you could buy 2 for the price of an Evo.....

Kraut
WA, 542 posts
28 Dec 2015 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..
Difficult looking for a new kite , for me I've found a kite that ticks all the boxes then flown the next size up (especially) and down , to be very disappointed , here's another couple to look at
Airush union
Cab fx
New hadlow Vegas 2016
Switch nitro
C4
New 2016 rebel

Add the Enduro and GTS3.
But Rebel, unless they have significantly redesigned it in the last couple of years I doubt it loops and unhooks well

Kraut
WA, 542 posts
28 Dec 2015 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

Agree on the size issue Cauncy. Reviews are always good for the particular size. Any other size for the same kite may turn out significantly different in feel. Perhaps an impossible task to achieve the same feel for all sizes, something most companies claim they do.

Lukeyy
NSW, 107 posts
28 Dec 2015 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

When testing your Kite dont forget to test more than the one size cause the canopy profile and leading edge size changes usally between 10 and 9 7 and 6 which changes the over all feel of the kite

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
28 Dec 2015 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
RussKraut said...
cauncy said..
Airush union
Cab fx
New hadlow Vegas 2016
Switch nitro
C4
New 2016 rebel

Add the Enduro and GTS3.
But Rebel, unless they have significantly redesigned it in the last couple of years I doubt it loops and unhooks well

I threw the rebel in from what I've seen
Recently, I was surprised from the earlier models,

igoryak
7 posts
28 Dec 2015 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Thecopterdr said..
Switch Nitro 5
Great booster with hangtime to burn, kiteloops beautifully without the sudden yank, Built for unhooking.
And at $1250AU delivered you could buy 2 for the price of an Evo.....

its not built for unhooking. not with 4 lines anyway.

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
29 Dec 2015 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Word on the street is that the Roca is the boosting machine, reviews I have seen tag it as a do it all kite, supposed to replace the Kahuna I think, three strut so its nice and lightweight, faster through the air......! not sure how well it loops....?

I want them to release 4-line GP, anyone go any word when the new kites are getting released.....!

Would love an Extract.....but they are like hens teeth......!

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
29 Dec 2015 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

Used to run a kiteshop, sold many brands. Due to their crap brand presence in Australia, and the warranty service that I know is second to none. I fly best TS 8, 10, 15.
not sponsored or affiliated with anyone. I unhook in waves, freestyle and (Im crap) wakestyle.
Ive heard many brands state do it all, the TS is as close at is has got.

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
3 Jan 2016 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

Best TS are nice kites

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Best TS vs North Evo" started by Wunderlich85