Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

BWS Blue Chip bar

Created by MarkusKarkus > 9 months ago, 18 Feb 2020
MarkusKarkus
VIC, 35 posts
18 Feb 2020 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I have a noise pro kite and just bought a blue chip bar from BWS. Probably a stupid question but, do I need to adjust the kite line length at all? I noticed there are 20 cm line extensions on both the inside and outside lines. Thanks in advance.

bjw
NSW, 3567 posts
19 Feb 2020 7:26AM
Thumbs Up

I'd want somebody else's opinion as well, but I'd guess not. It should be the same. But I've friends who stand by using the extentions for increased drift and better range in lighter winds to power the kite. Then if it gets stronger wind take the extentions off.

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
19 Feb 2020 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

It's rhe same as the Ocean Rodeo bar, in the bag of Ocean Rodeo bars there's usually a bundle of pigtails, 20cm, 25cm and 35cm (these are included to be compatible with older Ocean Rodeo kites, but not sure about BWS), but it comes with the 20cm pigtails attached as standard. These short pigtails are predominantly there to stop the wear on your main lines from constantly connecting and disconnecting from your kite.
If your Noise Pro kite is designed to fly with equal line lengths normally then you're sweet to go.

Sandfoot
VIC, 566 posts
19 Feb 2020 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bjw said..
I'd want somebody else's opinion as well, but I'd guess not. It should be the same. But I've friends who stand by using the extentions for increased drift and better range in lighter winds to power the kite. Then if it gets stronger wind take the extentions off.

All four extensions or front / rear ?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"BWS Blue Chip bar" started by MarkusKarkus