Thumbs Up

Video review from the guys at Real ..'

http://www.realwatersports.com/ben-wilson-aeneema-kite#tab-realreview

Been on these a while now, and concur

kiteguy
NSW, 10 posts
2 Feb 2016 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

I'd been going to write a review on the Aeneema but was waiting to get a couple more session on them. I bought their 2016 Aeneema in the 11m and 13m, replacing my 10m and 12m noise pro. Have about 8-10 sessions on each of them now
I think everything in the video review is pretty much spot on, turns fast and pivoty which makes it great for downloops on the wave without too much pull, drift is amazing, really don't watch it anymore as I know it's there, and get good feedback in the lines as to what it's doing. The times I have positioned it poorly (for down the line wave) and overrun it, it just floats back till you have line tension and you are off again. Their ability for pivoty turns has actually changed the way I ride a full, slower moving wave. After top turn, I ride a little further out in front of the wave, turning the kite back toward the wave, initiating bottom turn, then turn kite back again for another top turn. On the smaller sizes 9m and below, I'd say you could do this on the most critical wave and still have time to match the kite turns with the board. So fun! Makes small waves feel big and powerful.

The video commented on the inflate system being complex.?? It's simple as. 2 stage valve, screw the top section off for inflation, screw the whole assembly off for deflation. Don't strictly have to use the threaded bws pump nozzle either. A non threaded fat nozzle fits and holds in there too. Love pumping up in half the time with the fat nozzle! Simple is pretty much the bws mantra. It's got all the stuff you need and keeps it simple and clean.

The 11m is a solid incremental improvement on the 10m noise pro.

The 13m are freaking awesome! I was completely blown away on how good it is. Being a big kite, that you normally begrudge getting out, wishing there was more wind. Those days are gone with this 13m. It virtually handles and drifts like the 11m. When you 'S' it up and down the window, it generates speed and just wants to go faster and faster.

Rode a couple days ago in really punchy gusty wind, and it also handles gusts incredibly well. The big range of depower soaks up the gusts if you ride with loose hands on the bar, let the gust pull the bar away and it's like it was never there.

Also on the flat days it's still a fun freeride kite. As mentioned the kites just want to go fast if you fly them up and down the window. I'm riding strapless so not busting huge air, but have done plenty decent sizes punts, which I'm sure could go heaps big if you're keen.

btw. I weight 85kg, pretty mediocre rider, been riding strapless in waves for about 4-5 seasons.

Adfreetv
VIC, 114 posts
6 Feb 2016 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

Nice review.

I am on the noise pros, which are terrific. The only thing I have trouble with is they are crap at self landing. The big tips seems harder to keep down. Do the Aenemas improve on that.

However I do like the constant power of the less pivotal turns for laying down carves on the wave. Can you still do that?

blow in
NSW, 103 posts
9 Feb 2016 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Adfree,

Yep they do land easier than the Pro. The Pro is a fantastic wave riding kite as we know, the Aeneema offers quicker turning and more direct feel through the bar. I flew the 15m yesterday - yes there is a 15m ! well only 2 in the county at the moment and I absolutely loved it. The quicker turning and drift for a big kite was amazing.

Pete.

blow in
NSW, 103 posts
9 Feb 2016 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"BWS Aeneema video review" started by Jasonwave