Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

A look at the 2020 North Carve Wave kite

Created by SurfFX > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2019
SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
30 Oct 2019 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

We have a look at the 2020 North Carve Wave kite and the new North Navigator control bar

Bara
WA, 647 posts
1 Nov 2019 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Great looking kite. Not sold on the bar though. Does this kite still run a high center line y split or are they v like everyone else now?

KPSS Used
NSW, 372 posts
Site Sponsor
2 Nov 2019 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bara said..
Great looking kite. Not sold on the bar though. Does this kite still run a high center line y split or are they v like everyone else now?

Normal V like most other kites now.

gorgemay
90 posts
4 Nov 2019 12:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Bara said..

The bar looks good to me, what are you not sold on?

Bara
WA, 647 posts
5 Nov 2019 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gorgemay said..

Bara said..

The bar looks good to me, what are you not sold on?

the oblong semi rigid plastic center depower line from chicken loop through bar. looks similar to the click bar. yeah nah

lucy5
QLD, 102 posts
6 Nov 2019 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Is the carve a copy of the neo what differences if anyone knows

SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
7 Nov 2019 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lucy5 said..
Is the carve a copy of the neo what differences if anyone knows

Pat Goodman designed the Carve and perviously designed for Cabrinha and the Drifter. That should give some indication of how it feels ;)
We have demo gear available to try if you are in SE Queensland.

railbanger
WA, 40 posts
8 Nov 2019 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

Did North improve their lines on that ClickerBar?

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
8 Nov 2019 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
railbanger said..
Did North improve their lines on that ClickerBar?

North don't make a ClickerBar..They make the Navigator bar - www.northkb.com/en/products/control-system/navigator-control-system

Duotone make the Click Bar - www.duotonesports.com/kiteboarding/bars/click-bar/

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
10 Nov 2019 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Peter Lynn also make a navigator bar.
Don't confuse it with that one.

Waveswindy
NSW, 114 posts
13 Nov 2019 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

Apparently they took the best bits from other brands and added some stuff on top! I took some kites for a spin this weekend....

The bar:
The bar has a lot of similarities with my previous ozone click bar, safety belt system :-), but apparently some added safety featuture so you don't emergency eject accidentally. Changing the bar width system looked similar to Eleveight bar but different sizes.... North Navigator bar looks bigger than it is with the small bar 50 to 45 and nad large bar 55 to 50. I struggled a bit to pop this part of the bar out to change the size. The lines are apparently the thinnest on market and strongest. Something like 490kg per line. I read somewhere the lines whistle but maybe my hearing is not that good anymore as I head nothing!

The Kite
This is maybe a little off topic... but love the bright colours that are not a crazy mix of different art work. Takes one back to the good old days where the kites really stood out, Naish ARX?, on the beach! Adds an element of safety imo. The kite has more power than my previous kites (Reo), loops well, goes upwind amazing and it's pretty fast turnign. Strong construction and setup feels solid.

Still, need to fly it properly so will update at a later stage! Want to see what the drift is like in proper waves and wind conditions. My theory, please give feedback!, is that kites that go more upwind and are quick turning dont always drift that well... but this needs to be confirmed with more than 1 hour of kiting!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"A look at the 2020 North Carve Wave kite" started by SurfFX