2 Nov 2015 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 52kg
Level: Advanced
Style: Freestyle
Weather:15-20 knots
Supplier: Airborne Kitesurfing (WA)

Comments:
I have used this kite over the past few weeks and I have to say it is awesome. It is very intuitive, has light bar pressure and is fast turning.

From the first moment of putting this kite up in the ski I felt like I had been using it for years. You know exactly where the kite is at all times. You have enough pressure through the bar to have great feedback from the kite without having to watch where it is.

The kite is excellent for freestyle without being too grunty. There is a nice fast pull which is very easily de powered immediately when you sheet out. I love the fact that I can try a unhooked tricks or handle passes and have just the right amount of slack for the trick. if you crash the kite sheets out perfectly and goes up to 12 o clock ready for you get get going again. It is also very easy to relaunch.

Boosting is so much fun on this kite. In the past few weeks I have done some of my biggest jumps ever. It just keeps going up and then it is super floaty coming down. Kiteloops are easy and controlled. The kite loops nice and tight with just the right amount of pull.

I have not used this kite in the waves yet but I feel that It would be excellent as its light and fast turning and you can very easily shut off the power to surf the waves without being pulled off your board.

I think this is a fantastic kite for all levels and for both freestyle, free-riding and wave riding as it is very intuitive, light and easy to use.

Cheers

Shannon

Wunderlich85
34 posts
1 Dec 2015 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Shannon, can you tell me a little more about the kiteloops with the Airush Union. I read your review and I am torn right now between the Union and the Core GTS3.

I have read a lot of great things about the Airush Union.
I'm looking for a big boosting kite but one that I can kiteloop/megaloop!

What do you think?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"9m 2016 Airush Union" started by Shan