wetwilly
WA, 13 posts
21 Nov 2012 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 75kgs, Intermediate - advanced?
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: 15 to whatever knots

My Comments:
Yesterday I christened my new 5'7 Gambler in waist to head high surf with the 10.5 Punch. OH MY GOD!!! I thought my strapped 5'10 Magnum was fun, but this little pocket rocket just fully lit up and was in its element.

I rode strapless. What really suprised me was how really confident I was with it under my feet. (pretty good considering i've been strapped for years!) (maybe i'm turning "Normal"??) The bottom turns were smooth, consistant and powered, with Reo's snapped at 180 deg, followed by smooth powered glide to the next section.

Not many boards come equiped like the Wainmans. Quality cover, full deck pads for you to stick on if you choose, ( I did) quality quad - thruster fin sets, screwdriver, Fan club also included....

Get on it

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
21 Nov 2012 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Any photo's?

The wainman board package is impressive - everyone always needs another screw driver & I love the attention to detail in the branding

If you rode twin tips check out my review on the joke

wetwilly
WA, 13 posts
21 Nov 2012 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

I'll get you some of both the Gambler and the Magnum side by side. I haven't posted photo's before so it might take a bit to work out.

Plus I'm at work......

zippadeedood
14 posts
21 Nov 2012 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Wetwilly,

I'm also in love with my new Gambler.

OMG was also my reaction when i first rode it!

I've got the 5'10" and i reckon it's a 'hero' board. Makes you feel twice as good as you really are.

On the strength of my experience with the Gambler I'm considering a Magnum 6'.

What do you reckon?

wetwilly
WA, 13 posts
22 Nov 2012 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

haha, love it! Not wrong about the hero board. I keep looking for the cameras and cheering crowd!! Hilarious..

Not sure about your wieght, but i'm 75kgs. I ride the 5'7 Gambler and the 5'10 Magnum.

If the 5'10 Gambler suits your size then go the 6'0 Magnum as they say that the Gambler should be ridden smaller than your normal board.

I've got some photo's for you to froth over.

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
22 Nov 2012 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

This is why I love wainman - how cool do those s/b's look!!!!

Ugly
WA, 205 posts
22 Nov 2012 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

I though i asked you blokes to keep it down.
Im still riding the 6 foot wide from 3 years ago [ being a fat prick]
However i thing Santa is getting me a 5" 10 Gambler for under the tree.

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
22 Nov 2012 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry ugly your right , you did don't want to end up riding the same thing as everyone else

AndyG
VIC, 25 posts
7 Jun 2013 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

Great review but which board is better for waist to head height waves, for sharp top turns & smooth bottom turns & a bit of unhooking on the waves but i like to be strapped in?

When i unhook with no straps i fall off allot & I mean allot.

I am 70kg & I usually use a 5?9? x 17 ??.

All, does the paint job get scratched easily?

I am about to get one gut a bit unsure which one would be better for me.

Thanks,

Andrew G

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"5'7 Wainman Gambler" started by wetwilly