Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2022 Duotone WAM 5'9 DLAB Video Review

Created by AndreC > 9 months ago, 12 Nov 2021
AndreC
WA, 512 posts
12 Nov 2021 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Lets talk 2022 Duotone WAM 5'9 DLAB (Thanks Action Sports for lending me the board)

Quick About me - I have a Dad bod around 95kg and can get creepy after 2.5 beers. I ride Perth year round and outa town for last 10 years mostly on surfboards unstrapped. Sooooooo..its that time of year where I go borrow kite gear and not return it till I have made it clearly second hand.

Ok I have the 2021 WAM 5'11 already in my quiver and as soon as I saw the update on this years model I saw some changes both in shape and material

There's this new material that can used on the spec shuttle but ended up on the deck of the new Duotone WAM. DLAB (Not DLAM LOL)
Its meant to absorb shock better than cork and repair itself after denting. Watch the video where I grab the mallet from the shed and start belting the top of the board.
The board has a slight change with extra hip and width at the nose which adds stability and plaining speed. It lands very stable from tricks which would really suit the pro guys all the way back to amateur progression.

Price - its up there at around $1400 but with the performance and durability you can't go wrong.1 single kite is 2K so why is 1400 a big deal for a board when the board performance is arguably more important than the kite. Save you pennys mofos
If you have strong wind and strong water ride a size down or if you are in lighter wind/weaker waves ride a size up. GO demo a board to see if it suits you.

WATCH VID for full review

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2022 Duotone WAM 5'9 DLAB Video Review" started by AndreC