Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2018 F-one bandit 9m

Created by kiteboardrob > 9 months ago, 3 Nov 2017
kiteboardrob
QLD, 27 posts
3 Nov 2017 8:55AM
Thumbs Up

short review of 2018 f-one bandit 9m, 2 sessions on kite so far ranging from 15-20 knots, im 70 kgs and could still mow the grass at 15knots as kite delivers good low end , its when wind picked up kite was impressive, super smooth yet responsive even though bridled and pulleys which i usually hate as i usually always ride c kites, kite felt amazimg and not spongy at all.and very direct feel at the bar and always knew where kite was and what it was going to do, few jump transitions and boosts and floats with ease and cant wait to get in some.strong wind to test its limits some more, did few transitions with downloops to find the pull through the loop full powerful and smooth with aggressive feel with full control, next unhooking which i found 2 be the flaw of last years bandit as it backstalled if not trimmed perfectly after any unhooked trick or pass and i hated it, this kite is obviously reworked and tweaked.as.i found no sign of back stalling after few raleys., s bends so forth, kite stayed solid in air and still being powered after unhooking and passing, the only difference i think you will.find between this kite and the new pure 5 line c kite wtf model is obviously going to be the slack in the lines.after unhooking and popping will be far greater on the wtf, but that is only a.small compromise on what i found to be a brilliant kite all round, build quality rock solid and lots of protection and new colours and graphics look the goods too, new linx bar is all i want clean and simple with awesome swivel and above bar depower, only complaint would be the ultra small.chicken loop when trying 2 hook back in but hoping can retro.fit the bigger loop that will.come with the wtf bar, thats a wrap.and only my opinion based on 2 sessions but pretty stoked and frothing to try in some.strong winds and other sizes, big thanks to trav from salty culture shop at burleigh heads qld for demo, drop.in and he will.hapilly give u a demo, i really think anyone who demos this kite will.find it very hard to.find any flaws and would buy 1 as honestly think ot ia the 1 kite u can cover all.diciplines styles riding with from waves , freestyle and some wakestylez unhookin?????

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
3 Nov 2017 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one bud! Looking forward to trying the WTF ;-]

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2018 F-one bandit 9m" started by kiteboardrob