Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2016 Naish PARK HD

Created by JB > 9 months ago, 18 Aug 2015
skywalker3d
VIC, 228 posts
8 Sep 2015 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone used the 2016 model yet and feed back??

psychojoe
WA, 1804 posts
8 Sep 2015 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mike37 said..
Be carefull buying Naish kite....i ve got the same issue on two Naish 9m kites (ok it was not a Park but a Torch).

The trailing edge is fluttering heavily between two struts on the same parts on both kite ! (maybe because of the "trailing edge reinforcement" ) .
This problem occur all the time and not only in kiteloop like Naish claim !

Naish do not recognize the problem and i have to use a kite with defect !

Videos will follow if needed !

I was thinking about buying Naish this year,
let's see your video,
and tell us what year your kites are

Mike37
3 posts
13 Sep 2015 1:06AM
Thumbs Up

Take a look at kiteforum.com kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2390078 I'll come back from holidays with better videos ...but i tell you quality and Naish service Sucks ! (At the difference of many persons on internet forum i pay all my gear !)

Kite are 2015 one

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
13 Sep 2015 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

Mike37 said..
Take a look at kiteforum.com kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2390078 I'll come back from holidays with better videos ...but i tell you quality and Naish service Sucks ! (At the difference of many persons on internet forum i pay all my gear !)

Kite are 2015 one

Been riding Naish now for 8 years and never had any issues.... I swap them out every year. I think there is so much value in buying local if you have the opportunity.

Mike37
3 posts
14 Sep 2015 12:01AM
Thumbs Up

riddim1 said..

Mike37 said..

Kite are 2015 one

Been riding Naish now for 8 years and never had any issues.... I swap them out every year. I think there is so much value in buying local if you have the opportunity.

It was also the case for me before this very bad experience...I was liking a lot Naish product; but after my recent problem with the lack of consideration from Naish to my warranty claim i will never buy it again !

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
23 Sep 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Got a chance to try the new Park two days ago.....

This kite is very close to the Torch now, it is higher aspect like the Torch and behaves very similar. The Park now has a real punch to it through the loops, this is going to take a bit of getting used to. It is like the rev limiter has been taken off!
Looking forward to getting better acquainted with the new park! I will write a full review after spending more time on the kite.

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
23 Sep 2015 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

looking forward to the longer review...hows the hang time??

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
23 Sep 2015 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pro merc said..
Got a chance to try the new Park two days ago.....

This kite is very close to the Torch now, it is higher aspect like the Torch and behaves very similar. The Park now has a real punch to it through the loops, this is going to take a bit of getting used to. It is like the rev limiter has been taken off!
Looking forward to getting better acquainted with the new park! I will write a full review after spending more time on the kite.

looks to have much shorter bridle system also.

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
23 Sep 2015 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
glasstraxx said..

Too soon to say as the wind was lightish, the rip off the water in tricks was pretty exciting compared to last years parks!

skywalker3d
VIC, 228 posts
23 Sep 2015 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pro merc said...
glasstraxx said..

Too soon to say as the wind was lightish, the rip off the water in tricks was pretty exciting compared to last years parks!

Great to hear some feed back thanks for posting

simonp
209 posts
24 Sep 2015 6:33AM
Thumbs Up

I looked at those icons and thought cool, it's got rocket struts just like my Naish X2 did.
Then I read the words TWO-STRUT DESIGN and thought that meant they took the middle strut out but it looks like it still has three.

riddim1
QLD, 147 posts
26 Sep 2015 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 85kegs advanced
Style: Surf
Weather: 15kts
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 7/10
Disclosure: Riding Naish since 2010.

Been stalking all the relevant websites for a 2016 Park review for sometime but have found they're rare.... I finally had a ride on a new Park HD 9m so thought I'd write my own. I've had Parks since the Gen 1's. They have always been a great cross-over kite for me as I ride across two styles, freestyle and surf. On this particular day the conditions were variable 15+kts with small sloppy wind chopped waves. I was riding a small strapless directional. The new colours look sweet in the blue and grey. First I noticed how much material the designers took out of the middle of the kite. I didn't know how the higher aspect ratio would affect the performance but found the kite floated a lot more when doing small chop hops. Witnessing a mate riding freestyle on the the same kite I can say the boosting has improved markedly. he was also throwing down some heavy loops with ease. The bottom end has improved compared to my old 2014's as I was staying up wind easily in 15kts which was surprising being on the 9m. The turning speed was not as quick as I would have liked. The turns were wide and arching and there was a fair amount of pull in my harness. This does not suit me without straps but I imagine booted up on a twin tip these power turns would be brilliant. I like to spin the kite quickly in order to hit any wave sections but I found this kite moved forward too quickly, it was a little slow to move in the opposite direction for me. The biggest impression on me was how refined and smooth the whole package worked. Everything with the bar was so easy and user friendly. I really like a clean bar in front of me and as such have always opted for a BTB de power. This bar was no different. It's functional. I like how they now have reverted to the red left philosophy again. I have read all the hype and now understand after a demo that the HD Park has moved from the cross over option to a more versatile Freestyle/Freeride kite. I think it fits this label perfectly. I scored it a 7 in satisfaction as I tested it out of category. It would have scored much better if I had ridden my twin tip. I really wanted the new Park as I love the shape and the quality is the benchmark but unfortunately I'd be disappointed with the Wave riding performance.
So it's a new Pivot for me instead.

DirkG
52 posts
26 Sep 2015 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Nice insightful review. I moved from Park 2014 to Pivots now and they are better in the waves for me. But I think I want to add a 9m Park HD for these flat water boosting TT sessions.

rvF4
1 posts
3 Oct 2015 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

I had two. First one stolen. Not convinced at all vs 2015.
Very disappointed ang
d i am naish loyal and fan !

TheRussian
3 posts
11 Nov 2015 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

Great thread - I have a quiver of 2015 Parks (6/8/9) and really like them as they have more hangtime than a 7 Edge (not necessarily height), but are ok in waves (clearly not wave specific, but good enough). I am interested to see how the HD's compare in boosting, as they should go as high or almost as a Torch, but my concern is that with its higher aspect it will have less hangtime/glide and more of a spikey jump?

loftywinds2
185 posts
11 Nov 2015 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

Cauncy,
Is it really an octopus in(de)flation system on this new kite?
WOW! I AM GETTING ONE!

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
12 Nov 2015 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

if you are not liking the kite make sure it is trimmed correctly, I had mine on the wrong knots under the floats. It felt constantly oversheeted etc. anything below an 11 ride the bar on the shortest setting also (flip the bar length tabs) These two small things made a huge difference and im really happy with the kite!

Big rip off the water in jumps with decent hang, goes high!!
scary powerful kiteloops but predictable
does not seem to have lost much low end compared to the 2015's
Looks bad ass in the air!

DanozDirect
QLD, 106 posts
12 Nov 2015 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
loftywinds2 said..
Cauncy,
Is it really an octopus in(de)flation system on this new kite?
WOW! I AM GETTING ONE!

Far out you love living in the past Loft

skywalker3d
VIC, 228 posts
13 Nov 2015 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

I had a test ride of the 11m in light conditions the other day. I really liked it great feed back a lot more then the Pivot. Stronger pull in the loops also. Slightly higher bar pressure but that comes with better feed back i guess. Super stable. Bummer i could not try it in its proper wind range

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
16 Nov 2015 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

I don't understand the hate towards the Octopus system. Previously it was hard to work on but they have large openings now to get in there, If you take a relaxed look at it you wont have a hard time.
I like that the kite is clean with no hoses, I have owned some Naish kites over the years and only seen one guy with a problem bladder which was not an octopus related issue.

If you struggle with any bladder issue i would suggest asking for help!

Skywalker3d - wait till you get in the right wind for the kite size, this thing comes alive!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2016 Naish PARK HD" started by JB