Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2015 Naish Pivot 12m

Created by thorn > 9 months ago, 18 Sep 2014
Kamikuza
QLD, 5763 posts
14 Apr 2016 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Rode a 10m again this week. Worst behaved kite in gusty conditions I've had the misfortune to use: surging, jerking, twitching, Hindenburging (?!?!), almost uncontrollable. But lovely when the wind smoothed out: light bar pressure and always reactive to input, I guess thats why it's such a handful and why nobody has borrowed it from the demo shelf in the past year...

Put 10m Crossbiw and RPM up and they were both very well behaved.

manlykiter
NSW, 63 posts
14 Apr 2016 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Swavek said..

12 SB sweet range 18-22 kn, comfortable to 24kn (2013 model), medium bar pressure
12m Pivot sweet range 16-19 kn, comfortable to 20 kn (2015 model), strong bar pressure
I am 105kg.

2013 switchblade is a bit of a loner in the series, and doesn't have the typical switchblade feel (which they returned to in 2014). Probably not the best year to compare

marco
WA, 137 posts
14 Apr 2016 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kamikuza said..
Rode a 10m again this week. Worst behaved kite in gusty conditions I've had the misfortune to use: surging, jerking, twitching, Hindenburging (?!?!), almost uncontrollable. But lovely when the wind smoothed out: light bar pressure and always reactive to input, I guess thats why it's such a handful and why nobody has borrowed it from the demo shelf in the past year...

Really .... ? I didn't experience that at all by gusty wind ..... You might stay better on the Krassbow

Kamikuza
QLD, 5763 posts
14 Apr 2016 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
marco said..

Kamikuza said..

Really .... ? I didn't experience that at all by gusty wind ..... You might stay better on the Krassbow

Oh! Well...I guess I imagined it all then. That, or you haven't actually experienced proper gusty wind

Swavek
WA, 357 posts
14 Apr 2016 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
manlykiter said..

Swavek said..

12 SB sweet range 18-22 kn, comfortable to 24kn (2013 model), medium bar pressure
12m Pivot sweet range 16-19 kn, comfortable to 20 kn (2015 model), strong bar pressure
I am 105kg.

2013 switchblade is a bit of a loner in the series, and doesn't have the typical switchblade feel (which they returned to in 2014). Probably not the best year to compare

Maybe this is an explanation. have not tried other year swichblades and really like 2013 (even though a bit slow turning). The mythical strong bar pressure does not exist on 2013 SB - would not say it is light, just 'normal' , similar to all my other kites or kites I tried.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 Naish Pivot 12m" started by thorn