joelz87
VIC, 118 posts
12 Dec 2014 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone
Looking at new boards and hve been suggested the 141x43 Cabrinha XCaliber
To be used in port Phillip bay, 100kg
Riding a switchblade 12m 2013
Currently riding a 2011 133 prodigy but been told way too small, ride up wind etc no issue but want to start getting into freestyle etc

Any reviews would be really helpful!
Cheers
Joel

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
15 Dec 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Joelz

I used to ride this size in the XCal. Such a perfect size for your weight I reckon. At 85kgs I think I actually preferred the 138 but for you this will be spot on. The board has great pop, rides quickly, and doesn't land very hard for a board of this nature (stiff, wide tips). Upwind is obviously exceptional and the 141 actually has a wider stance option for tall guys. Hope you enjoy!

Cheers

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
15 Dec 2014 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
joelz87 said..
Hi everyone
Looking at new boards and hve been suggested the 141x43 Cabrinha XCaliber
To be used in port Phillip bay, 100kg
Riding a switchblade 12m 2013
Currently riding a 2011 133 prodigy but been told way too small, ride up wind etc no issue but want to start getting into freestyle etc

Any reviews would be really helpful!
Cheers
Joel

im 92 kgs or so riding an airush 140 livewire in portphilip with boots
worth checking out a demo at a minimum.

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
15 Dec 2014 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

I'm 85kg and I had the 2014 135x41. It's a really fast board and has heaps of pop and is epic in flat water. Landings are soft as well.

However, take it anywhere other that flat water and be prepared to feel every bump on the water. Extremely uncomfortable in sloppy or choppy conditions.

For this reason I traded it in as i only wanted one board for many locations. Ended up getting a monarch..

If your freestyle / wake dedicated then this is is def worth considering

joelz87
VIC, 118 posts
4 Feb 2015 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Update: Had the xCaliber for about a month now, initially took some getting used to in the chop as it could be a little harsh on the legs, but now i love it! Definitely recommend it to anyone wanting a fast, easy riding board, have noticed my progression compared to that of my 133 Prodigy increase very quickly! Thanks for the feedback guys

Mark50
NSW, 166 posts
6 Feb 2015 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
glasstraxx said..
I'm 85kg and I had the 2014 135x41. It's a really fast board and has heaps of pop and is epic in flat water. Landings are soft as well.

However, take it anywhere other that flat water and be prepared to feel every bump on the water. Extremely uncomfortable in sloppy or choppy conditions.

For this reason I traded it in as i only wanted one board for many locations. Ended up getting a monarch..

Another vote for the xCaliber. 75kgs intermediate rider. Moved to a 136 xCaliber from a 144 Chopstick and the improvement in upwind ability, speed, maneuverability and precise feel has been amazing. Progression has improved enormously. They are a bit harder on old knees like mine, but you just tend to ride around the chop more. Love it!!

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
6 Feb 2015 9:47AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mark50 said..

glasstraxx said..

Another vote for the xCaliber. 75kgs intermediate rider. Moved to a 136 xCaliber from a 144 Chopstick and the improvement in upwind ability, speed, maneuverability and precise feel has been amazing. Progression has improved enormously. They are a bit harder on old knees like mine, but you just tend to ride around the chop more. Love it!!

plus the bottom end that will be increased. my mate has this board and he got 3-4 extra on his bottom end cause of the board speed. (mind you, he rode a nash dub before this)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 Cabrinha XCaliber 141x43" started by joelz87