Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2014 AXIS LIMITED 136 x 42 BOARD

Created by adambooma > 9 months ago, 4 Feb 2014
Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
27 Feb 2015 4:00AM
Thumbs Up

Straps and pads weigh more than the board does... I can weigh mine if I have time and remember this weekend.

I think it carves really well, the best of all TTs I've used or owned...

oceansprince
12 posts
27 Feb 2015 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks kamikuza, its good to know for carving abilities, about speed? Do soft Flex make the board stick on water?

kiter49
84 posts
23 Dec 2015 6:47PM
Thumbs Up

Adrian Roper : Humm ! first time I see it . Interesting . So from your point of view , the foot should be centered on the board . Even on a wide board , lets say 45 - 50 wide ?

It might be why I never really enjoyed a Wake board , I always thought we had to be heel close to the edge . So thanks for the tip , I'm going to give it a try .

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
24 Dec 2015 7:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kamikuza said...
Straps and pads weigh more than the board does... I can weigh mine if I have time and remember this weekend.

It took me a while but im now with you. Ive had the board for about 4 months 2015 model.

I used the foot straps for the first 3 months and now switched to boots. Holy smokes - board completely transformed into an absolute weapon. I have 25mm fins but i could take them off now as the rail is so thin it just slices through and gives an incrddible edge but you do have to lean right over (only truley acheivable with boots).

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NathanG said..

ps - I wear a white Gath helmet when I am feeling rad.

Rad like that toe side turn in your avatar?

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
24 Dec 2015 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macster said..

Kamikuza said...

It took me a while but im now with you. Ive had the board for about 4 months 2015 model.

I used the foot straps for the first 3 months and now switched to boots. Holy smokes - board completely transformed into an absolute weapon. I have 25mm fins but i could take them off now as the rail is so thin it just slices through and gives an incrddible edge but you do have to lean right over (only truley acheivable with boots).

Yeah, I bought some ~40mm fins off eBay for a play and greatly prefer them than the stock 50mm fins, which I think are prone to spinning out when i do... something They're also longer by 10mm at the base which is was better. I overheard that at the pub.

Think the Limited is sensitive to pad position, but from line-mount video I can see I ride TTs very flat with most of the whole edge in the water (that also explains any spray) and things get smoother when I stand on the back foot more aggressively...

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
24 Dec 2015 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Get boots, you'll be blown away. When lit i can ride with my shoulders 6 inches off the water at crazy up wind angles. Boots also force you to mount them more centrally between heel side and toe side otherwise they drag in the water when edging. I reckon this in turn gives you a bigger rail and steeper heel side angle to bite in.

I found riding the carbon board flat gives a bumpier ride too.

Anyway, great board once dialed in.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
24 Dec 2015 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Boots don't have to be worn to get horizontal, if the boards right with a decent rocker and rider then it as easy with standard straps n pads
Most riders wearing Boots remind me of loose women walking into a club half pissed, neither have a clue and look very clumsy

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
25 Dec 2015 7:33AM
Thumbs Up

Merry Christmas - hope someone gives you some love this year you poor bitter and twisted bastard.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
25 Dec 2015 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macster said...
Merry Christmas - hope someone gives you some love this year you poor bitter and twisted bastard.

Sounds like you need a hug

chadins
QLD, 12 posts
26 Dec 2015 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

thats the board i lost in the river mouth yeppoon area :-(
so so sad

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 AXIS LIMITED 136 x 42 BOARD" started by adambooma