Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2011 xenon laluz any changes, when is here

Created by undone > 9 months ago, 11 Oct 2010
undone
WA, 32 posts
11 Oct 2010 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
Anyone have any info on the 2011 xenon boards?

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
12 Oct 2010 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Really pumped to see what the new boards are like. Nearly pulled the trigger on a 2010 laluz but I'll see what the new ones are looking like first. Any chance of a WA demo day getting set up?

sci
WA, 762 posts
13 Oct 2010 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

[Disclosure: sponsored by Xenon]

Just wanted to weigh in on this one.

I have been riding the La Luz 132 for around 10 weeks and have really bonded well with this board.

Why is this one of the hottest boards on the market?

POP!

LIGHT - This board is remarkably light which means you get going early

FINS & RAILS - It TANKS up wind and holds superior traction when loading up.

FLEX - its the right amount for both flat slicks and choppy water. Most boards I have been riding never ride both well but this is the ticket even in swell the board has been thought out.

Landings are butter smooth thanks to the flex and pads. Unlike bone crunchers like the Len10 Pros and LF this board will make your sessions longer and your knees much happier.

KITELOOPS -lets talk about big jumps and Kiteloops for a moment - This board will really save your ankles it really soaks up badly dialled landings!

LOOKS - The design is clean and contemporary. No bull**** graphics or oversized branding issues - The graphical elements extend to badges and decals with a stunning bottom.

This board is the ultimate all rounder I have ridden MANY boards in my time and this one is the real deal.

searider
WA, 28 posts
13 Oct 2010 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

Ive just recived my new laluz 132,and out this weekend.
Im really happy with the service i recived from Marv as i live in a regional..Karratha. and no kite shops here!
as soon as i put this board togeather it feels and looks the **** man.
Stay tuned im stoked.
Cheers marv.

suface2air
QLD, 701 posts
14 Oct 2010 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Sci . It rides well it has good flex ect sounds good . Can i get one in yellow so i can see it in the surf , water after the crash landing . Some of these board makers dont put pratical into there colour sceam white and more white with some slightly darker colours . Iam sorry but that would be near impossible to see in the water with sun glare . Just a thought the board sounds like what iam after too give the knees a little care, flex with pop i loven it already

searider
WA, 28 posts
16 Oct 2010 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Well im stoked my first ride out on my new laluz, and duck me im impressed,
All i can say lads and ladys this board speaks for its self.
believe what you read on these boards, as i took off for the first time the impact in chop was soaked up and the up wind ability on laluz is awesome the skegs hold on big time and has heaps of load for pop on jumps.
Im not going to keep going,all i can say is try it for yourself you will not be disapointed.
Cam.

searider
WA, 28 posts
19 Oct 2010 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

With you on that one Sci,I gave my mate a ride for about 1/2 hour and he fell in love.
I had take out my old board and tell him to give it back before the tide went out.
so i could enjoy the rest of the session before we headed home.
Happy days.

back2b
WA, 1 posts
5 Dec 2010 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Just want to throw in some more praise for the Laluz.
: )

Because of the fact that the Laluz is quite a new board on the market I was a bit wary getting it without a chance of having demoed it before.
(Kite shops don't seem to stock them here in Perth.)
But I have to say I do not regret it at all, as it is much better than the Nobile board I used to ride.

It is very comfortable to ride and popping out of the water has never been easier!
Thumbs up.

(I am talking about the 2010 Laluz 132)

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
10 Dec 2010 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Board looks better in the flesh compared to pics. Won't touch this bad boy until I get my straps! WAH!!!

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
11 Dec 2010 8:21AM
Thumbs Up

I have been demoing boards since before the season started to find a new one and have been using the Xenon LaLuz for the past 4 days. This board is just the thing i have been looking for to ride in our mainly choppy washing machine like conditions as it soaks up heaps of the chop, mainly i guess because of the super flexible tips. This board even though flexible in the tips has great pop when loaded up and is awesome if you come down to hard from a jump (which i do allot). I have also found this board in a 132 gets up and plains quicker than most boards i have ridden. Cant wait for my 135 to be delivered and am very keen to try the new pads and straps.
There will be a 132 LaLuz and hopefully a 135 for demo at the Brisbane kite club races next saturday the 18th at Brighton.

harryhayes
VIC, 21 posts
11 Dec 2010 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

I'v been riding the 132 Laluz for the last week and couldn't ask for anything more. The board looks and rides sick. The first thing I noticed was how soft the landings were, I came in hard a few times and was expecting to get worked but the board had super soft landings. It's got a heap of pop and goes well through the chop. Nothing but praise for the Laluz, try it out for yourself.

undone
WA, 32 posts
16 Dec 2010 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

After a long wait got my new 132 laluz, looks great cant wait to try it out.
Oh bugger whats the deal, no fins or straps in Australia yet to put on it.
Had to wait for ages to get the board and now I got to wait some more.
Not happy!

jas73
QLD, 796 posts
16 Dec 2010 4:51PM
Thumbs Up

Goodw things come to those who wait

undone said...

After a long wait got my new 132 laluz, looks great cant wait to try it out.
Oh bugger whats the deal, no fins or straps in Australia yet to put on it.
Had to wait for ages to get the board and now I got to wait some more.
Not happy!

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
18 Dec 2010 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Anybody have a 135 Laluz, either 2010 or 2011 that I could get a quick ride on in Perth in the next week or so? I've been demoing a few new boards (135-137cm, i'm 96kgs) and I want to get a ride on this before making up my mind. Don't mind leaving cash or whatever to ensure safe return.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
18 Dec 2010 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

AE have you tried some of the Cardboards range ?

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
18 Dec 2010 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Tempo is on my demo list for sure. I've got a North Xride which is nice in the chop and small waves but I'm after something smaller with a bit more freestyle potential. I rarely kite North of the river but I've popped in to see Darren and I'll try the Tempo before making my choice.

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
18 Dec 2010 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

ApatheticEnd said...

Tempo is on my demo list for sure. I've got a North Xride which is nice in the chop and small waves but I'm after something smaller with a bit more freestyle potential. I rarely kite North of the river but I've popped in to see Darren and I'll try the Tempo before making my choice.

i have a 136 FR with standard flex and usually down at leighton or melville . if you see a 10.5 obsession orange/yellow/white come and see me if you want to take it for a spin

undone
WA, 32 posts
28 Dec 2010 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

What tha!!!
Santa has come and gone I have had my new board unrapped and shiny sitting up against by bedroom wall and I still ride my beat up old board because I still have no FINS OR STRAPS.

It would great to ride it so I can write a neat review on how good it is, but I cant, instead I tell my kite mates how pissed off I am about paying for something that I have not got.

winter
VIC, 155 posts
28 Dec 2010 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

why dont you put youre old straps on youre new board and enjoy the ride i doubt that anyone has intentionally screwed you around it may not be ideal but lifes like that!

undone said...

What tha!!!
Santa has come and gone I have had my new board unrapped and shiny sitting up against by bedroom wall and I still ride my beat up old board because I still have no FINS OR STRAPS.

It would great to ride it so I can write a neat review on how good it is, but I cant, instead I tell my kite mates how pissed off I am about paying for something that I have not got.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
8 Jan 2011 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

anyone got their straps yet? just got back from noosa and ended up buying cab syncs -awesome straps by the. Still want to try the xenon straps though

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
9 Jan 2011 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^BUMP^^^^^^^

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
9 Jan 2011 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

Heard through the grape vine that Woody's Kite and SUP may have Xenon demos and stock in real soon. Just what I heard.

undone
WA, 32 posts
10 Jan 2011 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

I heard to that the fins and straps were in Australia for the board I got weeks ago, but I still dont have mine yet.

sci
WA, 762 posts
10 Jan 2011 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

undone said...??
I heard to that the fins and straps were in Australia for the board I got weeks ago, but I still dont have mine yet.????
????Straps and pads are here tomorrow morning all being well. Fins have been here but not Pads/Straps.

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
12 Jan 2011 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Events/Event.aspx?id=4492847

Woodies Saturday @ 2pm.

I'm picking up a 132 Laluz to demo tonight. I promise to have it back for you all to try Saturday.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
12 Jan 2011 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

look closer buddy

its at Woodies!

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
13 Jan 2011 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Sci was kind enough to give a me couple days to try out the 132 Laluz. Picked it up last night. Board looks great and the pads and straps are really comfortable, in my lounge room anyway. I'm going to ditch work early today to give it a good long session in mixed conditions.

I'll post a review tonight.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 xenon laluz any changes, when is here" started by undone