Thumbs Up

Infra 133 40
Rider: Advance
Style: Wake, Freestyle
Build Quality: 9/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Disclosure: team rider

My Comments:
I'v been riding this board over the first few months of Melbourne's summer mostly in Altona flat water. Coming from the xenon La Luz this board was a lot more freestyle orientated with the stiffest flex in the Xenon range for 2011. The boards tips have moderate flex which stiffens through in the middle. I find the flex enough to get massive pop but still flex enough on landings, so you can stick your tricks.
The construction on the board is wicked allowing you to hit kickers without stressing about snapping your precious Infra.The board has a slight continuous rocker and concave the flattens out at the tips. The boards best suited to a rider that doesn't want compromise on the water and rides flat water mainly.

and the boards ready to demo in altona 0431224290

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
21 Dec 2011 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

nice cardboard plug in the background :)

harryhayes
VIC, 21 posts
21 Dec 2011 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

ahaha thank you :)

koma
VIC, 760 posts
22 Dec 2011 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

?derorrim otohp eht si yhW
It hurts my brain.

Looks like a damn sweet board. I'll 'borrow' it from you next time you face plant a handle pass.

harryhayes
VIC, 21 posts
22 Dec 2011 2:43AM
Thumbs Up

I took it with my webcam, staht ylbaborp yhw :p

Me .... face plant ?

TaiLewis
NSW, 46 posts
23 Dec 2011 12:34PM
Thumbs Up

2012 xenon infra 133
Rider: Advanced
style: Wakestyle/freestyle
Build Quality: 8/10
satisfaction: 9/10

My comments:
I've been riding the 132 xenon laluze (2010) for quite a few months now so ill be comparing it to that, also i have switched to riding boots and now ride the infra with ronix one boots and no fins.
So far I've been riding the infra for a bout a month now in a range of different conditions, chop, flat water and even over head sloppy wave at Alva. At a first glance the board has fairly simple graphics, but a sleek 3d look and heaps of rocker.
Performance wise this board doesn't disappoint, even in chop it handles fairly well, being stiffer than the laluz it does bounce around a bit but still has superb pop and nice landings.
where the infra really shines is when ridden in ultra flat water. especially with boots u can put the kite ultra low and load a huge amount of pressure in the lines for any trick and then come out to stomp your landing nice and smooth.
overall this is a grat board for anyone wanting to progress in the freestyle/wake department and is a great mach for boots.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
23 Dec 2011 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Graphics look like they were designed by a two year old.

koma
VIC, 760 posts
24 Dec 2011 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

surfingboye said...

Would you prefer the euro-inspired graphics that are coming out on 'other' brands?
Personally the simple graphics look awesome.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
25 Dec 2011 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

koma said...

surfingboye said...

Would you prefer the euro-inspired graphics that are coming out on 'other' brands?

When paying $xxx, I would be expecting for a little more in the graphics department than some black and white boxes! Personally I think the board looks like vomit.

Hope it rides better than it looks.

27 Dec 2011 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

koma said...

surfingboye said...

Apart from the excellent build quality, low weight and excellent 2 year warranty, the graphics just add to the standout quality of these boards.
Understated and excellent!
New shipment arriving soon (mid Jan).

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
27 Dec 2011 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

If you like the look & sound of the Infra AND ur in WA PM me.
We have the last one of our stock boards going out real cheap. 2 x La Luz at similar $100's off price.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
5 Jan 2012 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower Australia said...

koma said...

surfingboye said...

Apart from the excellent build quality, low weight and excellent 2 year warranty, the graphics just add to the standout quality of these boards.
Understated and excellent!
New shipment arriving soon (mid Jan).

you shop ripper still cutting sick on them Steve?
havent seen or heard from him..

KSSALTONA
VIC, 207 posts
8 Jan 2012 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

The INFRA 133 is quite a nice board, i rode Harry's with bindings and it poped well and landed well.
The weight of the boards makes a massive difference.

This is a great board for flat water, the only thing i didnt like is the large fins so i changed them to small and it released well.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Xenon Infra 133" started by harryhayes