Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2011 Griffin / Wainman / BWS Noise Kites

Created by Pat01 > 9 months ago, 17 Jan 2011
Pat01
NSW, 45 posts
17 Jan 2011 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys,

I know I am being a bit vague here, (i.e. Comparing manufacturers and not specifically models) but any opinions would be appreciated.
I am an intermediate rider buying a 7 and a 9 soon. Due to the great prices and quality I am going for either a Griffin, BWS Noise or a Wainman (will import from US)
Looking for an all rounder as I surf and do freestyle 50/50. Also want to buy two from the same Manufacturer so I can get one bar and lines.
Cheers for any help/ opinions you can give.

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
17 Jan 2011 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Waiman has distributors in Oz. WestOzBoardsports just off the top of my head.

Surfy31
WA, 198 posts
17 Jan 2011 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

anyone know if the BWS noise sell in stores or only online? the online site is just .com... does this mean i am going to wait ages for my kite?

Poida
WA, 1915 posts
17 Jan 2011 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

Surfy31 said...

anyone know if the BWS noise sell in stores or only online? the online site is just .com... does this mean i am going to wait ages for my kite?

I think it takes about 6 days from order, online order only
A 6 and 8 noise is more like a 7 and 9

Ryland
WA, 1222 posts
17 Jan 2011 11:00PM
Thumbs Up

nup! they come very quick- about 3 days most of mine have taken once they are posted. Last time i had 1 arrive in 2 days from factory! yeah if your chasing 7 and 9 get the 6 and 8 if you go for the Noise!

Surfy31 said...

WA Surf & Foil
WA, 250 posts
18 Jan 2011 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

Why are you importing from the US?

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
18 Jan 2011 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

WOK said...

Why are you importing from the US?

Probably price due to the exchange rate

pro merc
NSW, 300 posts
18 Jan 2011 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

you may want t try the Fluid 2011 ATV and the Naish park, both will do what you want really well.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/Review/Fluid-kites-ATV/

radman4
678 posts
19 Jan 2011 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

I would definately check out the Griffin Chimera 8/10.5 or 6.5/9 combo,i have been selling Griffins in NZ for a few years now and find Griffin to be one of the best kite suppliers i have ever dealt with,and the product and after sales service are awesome,get a demo on them you wont be disappointed.

Pat01
NSW, 45 posts
20 Jan 2011 4:31PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers Radman. Got a Griffin demo with your WA counterpart on Sunday... Demo the Bws noise this arvo...

catalaussie
128 posts
20 Jan 2011 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Try the Griffins and you'll love them!! The wind range is awesome and quality/price ratio maybe the best.

Please tell us what do you think when you try them.

howea
NSW, 40 posts
20 Jan 2011 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

Go the Griffin's, great kites, the 'Argo's' are excellent for surfing because they have awsome drift down the line when on a wave and no centre strut increase boosting prowess.

catalaussie
128 posts
20 Jan 2011 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics howea! Where were they taken? Do you have more?

What a pity being so far from AUS... Maybe coming back someday... I hope!!!

mars
QLD, 80 posts
26 Jan 2011 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

looks like lord howe island ? guessing ?

G o GRiffiN Awesome Kites best value ....

catalaussie said...

Nice pics howea! Where were they taken? Do you have more?

What a pity being so far from AUS... Maybe coming back someday... I hope!!!

26 Jan 2011 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

Buy local, this country needs your money more than any overseas based brand or retailer.

Here's another kite to consider too Ozone Catalyst, call me on 02 95296894 for a special deal on 2 kites/1bar.
No pulleys, very direct bar feel, excellent range, I have not flown a kite that drifts better or steers more easily with one hand, super fast and easy relaunch, below the bar flagging, above the bar cleat rim, and the kite still havs excellent lift and boost as well as being fast back upwind.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 Griffin / Wainman / BWS Noise Kites" started by Pat01