Thumbs Up

Rider: 78 kg, intermediate
Style: Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: 14-25 knots
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 9/10
Disclosure: just converted to it no pimping required

My Comments:
I have now had about 4-5 sesssions on my new quad underground board, i am totally impressed with its performance in chop, waves & smooth water. bindings are the best I have experienced, with the new soft style foot pads makes for great comfort. excellent finish with graphics!!!!

Flux
WA, 533 posts
9 Sep 2008 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,just wondering, do you still get water spray in your face from the board profile, as you do with all the predecessors

ascole
QLD, 107 posts
10 Sep 2008 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

The new shape is way, way better in the spray department. The previous shape was arguably the worst board out there for spray in the face, but the new board is actually pretty good. You still get the occasional shot now and then but just off the front foot, rather than the constant well aimed bullets off the front of the board as before.

I've only had mine out once so I'll give you some more impressions once I've had it out a couple of more times.

ianmac
WA, 267 posts
10 Sep 2008 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

I have ridden it in some good flat water and spray is not an issue, it is slightly wider through the middle than the previous version.

It also has some weird tunes coming from under the board when the wind starts to funnel through.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 Underground 132 FLX" started by ianmac