Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2008/2009 underground straps (the smaller ones?)

Created by sonya rachel > 9 months ago, 27 Oct 2011
sonya rachel
WA, 84 posts
27 Oct 2011 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

I know this is prob a long shot but im after a pair or those 2008 or 2009 (which ever it was) Underground straps... the ones with two velcro straps on them...
The new ones are too big for me....

or i guess if anyone knows of anything that will fit and underground flx... maybe lace up?

cheeeers :)

simonp
209 posts
27 Oct 2011 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty much any strap system is compatible. I'm currently using Mystic ones but they only have one screw per side so tend to twist a bit.
All of the Underground guys tend to be 6 foot plus. I got a chance to have a gentle whinge to Adrian (the owner) last weekend, about the straps being too small for us shorter types. Apparently they were slightly smaller in 2011 and the new strap system on the 2012 boards are definitely a big improvement, I could get them really snug on their demo boards.

stamp
QLD, 2760 posts
27 Oct 2011 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

hey sonya, contact underground directly. adrian is a really helpful bloke, and i reckon he would probably have some old straps to sell you. if not he will point you in the right direction

sonya rachel
WA, 84 posts
27 Oct 2011 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet thanks

blueseas
QLD, 55 posts
27 Oct 2011 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

I've got some of those straps from 08 board but they are bloody uncomfortable! I bought some new north ones which fit on there fine... get new ones i would.

sonya rachel
WA, 84 posts
27 Oct 2011 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Ok cool, what is the name of the north ones? R they a smaler fit? I have the new ones and they'r too big for me..

28 Oct 2011 12:00AM
Thumbs Up

sonya rachel said...

Ok cool, what is the name of the north ones? R they a smaler fit? I have the new ones and they'r too big for me..

The 08 straps are long gone, and they were not a good design as well as being let down by poor chinese production quality.
The North 2 strap version was better for sure, well as far as quality and durability. I'm assuming you have small feet (me too size 7/8US), the best options I have come across are the LF pads trap combos, the Cab size S Syncs, especially the 2012 version. I have not seen the the 2012 Norths, and although they look techy to set up they may be an alternative for us hobbits.
So that is my recommendation for small feet Cab/LF/North. Others may have different ideas?

blueseas
QLD, 55 posts
28 Oct 2011 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

i found the older north ones fit better than the new ones (I have small girl feet) - not sure what they're called, but are white with some black on the strap and a green N - if that helps? heaps comfy...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2008/2009 underground straps (the smaller ones?)" started by sonya rachel