Forums > Kitesurfing General

Kitesurfing 600km

Created by Quinnny > 9 months ago, 6 Jun 2019
Quinnny
12 posts
6 Jun 2019 10:36PM
Thumbs Up

Team needing some guidance. This summer, I'm doing a long distance kiting challenge in open water and I'm needing some advice on the type of board to use ----I'm currently lost!

I'm ideally looking for something that will help in the choppy ocean condition and will be easy on the knees but will be able to travel at good speed.

Appreciate your input. Q

Plummet
4862 posts
7 Jun 2019 2:18AM
Thumbs Up

Hydrofoil. Unless its super rough and windy.

airsail
QLD, 1240 posts
7 Jun 2019 5:57AM
Thumbs Up

Definitely a race foil, very smooth ride and quick. You should easily maintain 40kph in open water with little strain on the legs. But that's still about 15 hrs on the water, a bloody long time.

Phoney
NSW, 583 posts
7 Jun 2019 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Do it in a giant inflatable pink flamingo. You'll get a Guinness record for sure.

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
7 Jun 2019 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

Send a pm to Ian Young He's the man when it comes to long distance. He did a 1200km kitesurf, a few years ago.

tightlines
WA, 3467 posts
7 Jun 2019 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
juicerider said..
Send a pm to Ian Young He's the man when it comes to long distance. He did a 1200km kitesurf, a few years ago.

Pretty sure he used his trusty old Spleene Zone

bootsandloops
66 posts
7 Jun 2019 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Quinnny said..
Team needing some guidance. This summer, I'm doing a long distance kiting challenge in open water and I'm needing some advice on the type of board to use ----I'm currently lost!

I'm ideally looking for something that will help in the choppy ocean condition and will be easy on the knees but will be able to travel at good speed.

Appreciate your input. Q

Have a listen here: kitesurf365.com/andre-penna-episode-69

Adrian had a downwind pro on the podcast talking about what you are after.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Kitesurfing 600km" started by Quinnny