Forums > Kitesurfing General

Camp & Kite Lizard Island June 2018

Created by Coral Sea > 9 months ago, 7 Mar 2018
Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
7 Mar 2018 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

G'day everyone, I just wanted to let you all know about an opportunity to visit Lizard Island for a week in late June this year, to camp at the Watson's Bay campground (pic below) and snorkel and kitesurf in the famous Blue Lagoon. At that time of year steady trade winds of 25-35 knots are the norm, air temperatures in the high 20's and water temps around 24C. Crystal clear water, great flat water spots in the lagoon at low tide and some waves to play in out on the reef front. It is one of the best spots I've ever kited, without doubt.

/images/misc/forum-image-missing.gif

I have 12 back-load seats available on aircraft doing the Lizard run as part of my marine biology business, and can offer transport to the island for a fraction of the cost of the commercial flight, plus you will have a 135kg total weight allowance (you plus gear) so you can take camping gear and kite gear no worries.

Flights will leave from Cairns 0700 on June 22 and return late afternoon on June 29th.

More Info on kiting Lizard is here: www.tevenei.com/kite/lizard_kite_spots.htm

Direct message me here, or email andy@reefecotours.com for more details. 12 aircraft seats / camping spaces available and they will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

good winds, Andy.

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
16 Mar 2018 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
24 Mar 2018 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
20 Apr 2018 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Still some places available on this trip! Escape the southern winter and get your 8m fix in one of the most spectacular kite spots and marine parks in Australia!

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
20 May 2018 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Footage of the coral and marine life just off the camp site beach. One of the best green zones on the GBR.

still places available.

Andy

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
4 Jun 2018 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Three weeks to go and we still have 8 available places on the aircraft.

Coral Sea
QLD, 476 posts
25 Jun 2018 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Our kite crew have been camping on Lizard for 4 days now and the wind has been pumping the whole time!
Today was perfect, sunny, and a steady 25-30 knots of wind across the lagoon for the midday low tide. Everyone on 7m and 8m kites.
We have one more window of opportunity to camp and kite at this special spot, from July 4th to 13th. PM me here or email coralseafoundation@gmail.com for more info.
Andy

Rootesy
QLD, 8 posts
7 Jul 2018 2:35AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Andy, I couldn't make the trip this year bugger, I was in Port Douglas with the guys from Surf Fx, I was wondering do you go each year? if so Im keen for next year, how much roughly does it cost per person per trip?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Camp & Kite Lizard Island June 2018" started by Coral Sea