Forums > Kitesurfing General

Best adjustable bars 2020

Created by nevereverkite5 > 9 months ago, 26 Sep 2020
nevereverkite5
VIC, 2 posts
26 Sep 2020 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

any advice on the best bars that could be adjusted to suit different brands (core, old north, duotone, naish)
I tried a click bar but pretty much hated it

I'm really keen to find just one bar with an adjustable split that doesn't use the click system - I heard on the beach that naish torque bar can be adjusted and wanted to ask some experts out there if there's a solution that doesn't force me onto one brand or different 3 bars

any suggestions? what other solutions have people come up with?

my ideas were to...
Buy a core and north bar 2020 so I have a low V + a bar to suit my core + old north kites ($1000)
Buy a spool of q power and make to bars out of old north trust bars + tie lines together use north click adjuster to make a higher split ($550)
Buy a north bar and chuck a click bar adjuster on their to use it with my cores (this is preferred as I think I'd like the new north bar)

any issues with those ideas?

not super keen on just trying out different bars because lockdowns made that tricky

cheers!

Andrash
WA, 637 posts
26 Sep 2020 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

I chose the 2020 North bar from 5 different types/brands, for its simplicity, superior chicken loop click in QL system and its convertibility to high / low V kites. For high V kites you may need 2-5cm front line pigtail extensions depending on size (if you like to be fully powered up), but it may not be necessary.

nevereverkite5
VIC, 2 posts
29 Sep 2020 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

legend thank you I'm just going to go for that and not overthink it

Andrash
WA, 637 posts
29 Sep 2020 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

I was probably wrong about the extension. It is likely that the difference in the the length of possible extensions with the different kite sizes is already calculated in the front bridal of a high V kite. This is due to the increased angle of the V with the sizes. But overall the front lines of the low V (e.g. North) bar may need only about a 2cm uniform extension that I calculated for a 5m kite, but I think it should be the same for larger sizes. That 2cm may not make a lot of difference, so it is important only if someone wants the absolute max power out of the kite..., but that may risk back stalling... (bitter-sweet memories from the time of no-depower 4-liners)
Cheers

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
29 Sep 2020 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Switch kites CX5 is very well designed, uses top end materials and is universal... high v, low v, 4line, 5 line.

Airborne
WA, 224 posts
10 Oct 2020 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Hi nevereverkite5,

Using a simple Stainless steel 0-ring you can transform any Airush Bar from a Low-V to High V very easily.

Since the addition of the new 2021 Airush Lift which performs better on High V we made that modification on the Cleat Bar V4. Once the ring is installed you can go from High V back to Low V and vice-versa in less than 30 seconds.

Christian

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Best adjustable bars 2020" started by nevereverkite5