Forums > Kitesurfing General

2016 airush core bar question

Created by yendor > 9 months ago, 26 Aug 2017
yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Purchased a near new core bar.When I went to check line length with the bar pulled all the way in,and lines tight it was 170 mm short of pulling all the way in!! With no de power.
There seems to be no modifications done.
If I adjust the lines so the bar is all the way in and lines tight it loads up the safety line to being extremely tight!!!
So my Question to all you Airush fans is where should the bar sit when lines are tight?
What is the core bar standard?
Cheers Rod

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
26 Aug 2017 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Rod,

Regardless of the brand of the bar, you want all your lines to be the same length. When all your lines are attached to a fixed point and you pull the against the bar (with NO trim) all the lines should have the same tension with the bar pulled against the chicken loop.

Good on you for spotting the oversheeting problem and fixing it. You'll notice your kite won't back-stall anymore.

Regarding the safety line on this particular bar, you will notice it's elastic Below the front line split which is done purposely to allow some room to play with line lengths variations. In other words, how tight or how loose the safety line is BELOW the front line split doesn't matter and won't affect the flying characteristics of the kite nor the safety system operation.

The only problem would be if your safety line below the front line split is pulled all the way passed it's entire ''elasticity'' to the point where it's starts shortening one of your front lines above the front line split, But I honestly doubt that is the case.

Hope this helps

Christian

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your reply Christian.
Have added extra length to steering lines.
Will have to add a 20mm to safety line as its starting to pull the front line its attached to.
How he flew the kite this way is beyond me.??

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
26 Aug 2017 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
yendor said..
Thanks for your reply Christian.
Have added extra length to steering lines.
Will have to add a 20mm to safety line as its starting to pull the front line its attached to.
How he flew the kite this way is beyond me.??

Interesting in deed. This must be a factory problem especially if the bar has only had a few days of use. It's rare to see factory defects in bars or kites, but it does happen sometimes with any brand.

Adding length to the safety line is easy, I'm sure you figured that you could remove the stainless steel O-ring and attach an extension line that has a loop on each end.

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Yes ,have had the ring off already.Will add a little extra shortly.
Maybe previous owner had changed lines at some point.
All sorted now thanks for your help.
cheers Rod

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Now all perfectly trimmed.
Had to add 140mm to steering lines and 30mm to safety line.??
Thanks again

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
26 Aug 2017 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a job well done, make sure you test the safety system in flight next time you go out.

crakas
QLD, 446 posts
26 Aug 2017 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

Rod,

You probably have already, but if you haven't... Try the adjustment under the material cover above the trim strap.

Baz

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
26 Aug 2017 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
crakas said..
Rod,

You probably have already, but if you haven't... Try the adjustment under the material cover above the trim strap.

Baz

Yes I was just thinking that as well perhaps you forgot about the front lines adjustment? Did you only adjust the back lines underneath the floaters or did you do the the front lines well?

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
crakas said..
Rod,

Baz

Ok
Thanks Baz.
Will do this tomorrow as I haven't looked under there.
Will post back if it resolves the issue.
Cheers Rod.

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbulota said..

crakas said..
Rod,

Baz

Yes I was just thinking that as well perhaps you forgot about the front lines adjustment? Did you only adjust the back lines underneath the floaters or you do the the front lines well?

Steering lines under the floats on middle setting.
Always prefer this if I need to make small adjustment at the beach.
Will look under front line strap and post back.
Cheers Rod.

crakas
QLD, 446 posts
26 Aug 2017 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

Another thing Rod...

Those pigtails you made up.... did they replace ones that were on there? Because by the look of the photo ( I could be wrong and according to my wife ... I usually am ) the lines should have grey and red pigtails as standard. If they were missing, this would partially account for the lack of length in your steering lines.

Baz

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
26 Aug 2017 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Pull the black sleeve down behind the front lines splits, this will reveal a couple of pigtails allowing you to shorten the front lines (less power). move it to the bottom pigtail (shortest possible). You can probably then remove your back lines extensions and also the safety line extension

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
crakas said..
Another thing Rod...

Those pigtails you made up.... did they replace ones that were on there? Because by the look of the photo ( I could be wrong and according to my wife ... I usually am ) the lines should have grey and red pigtails as standard. If they were missing, this would partially account for the lack of length in your steering lines.

Baz

They are on there where it says left and right

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbulota said..

Pull the black sleeve down behind the front lines splits, this will reveal a couple of pigtails allowing you to shorten the front lines (less power). move it to the bottom pigtail (shortest possible). You can probably then remove your back lines extensions and also the safety line extension

Thanks a million guys.
Will get it done tomorrow after my wife's long list of jobs to do Aghhhhhhh

yendor
NSW, 260 posts
26 Aug 2017 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbulota said..

Have just checked and found the adjustment I needed 140mm.Have taken off the extra line I put on the safety line.All is now good to go.
All the best Rod

alfredo68
6 posts
17 Jun 2018 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cbulota said..

crakas said..
Rod,

Baz

Yes I was just thinking that as well perhaps you forgot about the front lines adjustment? Did you only adjust the back lines underneath the floaters or did you do the the front lines well?

Hi
do you knows if it s possible to adjust the throw length of the airush bar?
When overpowered and depowering the bar (let go) then i can hardly reach it with mi finger tips
thanks

Elroy Jetson
WA, 706 posts
18 Jun 2018 10:33PM
Thumbs Up

There's a sliding stopper tucked in just below the depower/power toggles.

I found this out after using many Airush bars for years. One of my Mates showed me where it was on the bar. Then he pointed and laughed at me.

I love the Kites and can reach the full throw length so it wasn't too much of an issue.

airush.com/kites/core-bar/

alfredo68
6 posts
18 Jun 2018 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

Elroy Jetson said..
There's a sliding stopper tucked in just below the depower/power toggles.

I found this out after using many Airush bars for years. One of my Mates showed me where it was on the bar. Then he pointed and laughed at me.

I love the Kites and can reach the full throw length so it wasn't too much of an issue.

airush.com/kites/core-bar/

Thanks for your reply!
Yes i saw the stopper before but just found the main problem after using my bar for aprox 15 times (in factory settings)
I have checked the bar/ lines (by trimming them hooked by the end) and middle lines where about 15 cm longer than the back lines with the depower fully powered and the bar back (against me) so then i shorten them (knots below the neoprene) and all even now!!!

So i think my 9 wave will improve significantly and i might like my wave 12 too now with this proper settings

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2016 airush core bar question" started by yendor