Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

SABFoil (Moses) 1110 front wing

Created by ActionSportsWA > 9 months ago, 23 Feb 2022
ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
23 Feb 2022 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Peeps,

After receiving our last shipment of fine Italian Carbon Artwork from SABFoil, I had some pretty keen interest in trying the 1110 front wing. My main interest in wind wing is glide and pump for downwinding ... oh, and it has to be fast!

I've been riding the W1000 wind foiling racing wing on the kite 647 fuse with a kite racing 421 stab on the SABFoil 82cm mast. This has been great fun but I'm always on the hunt for the next technical advantage.

I've had a few rides on the 1110 (Eleven 10) once in light cross offshore and weedy conditions at Whitfords Point. That was a tough day with lots of non foiling and accumulating weed. The few runs I did manage were fun and impressive, but conditions were so crappy that it was difficult to really get a feel for it.

A recent trip to the river in light and gusty SW'er offered weedless conditions and just enough wind to get started on a 4.5m Slick wing and T98 litre SAB Albatross board. First run out was underpowered and barely enough to keep the boar on the surface. A sneaky gust and a quick pump of the wing and I was up. As soon as the board left the water, there was no drag and a quick pump of the Slick and i was flying along at speed. In the light breeze I was riding at between 13-15 knots with ease. The big carve downwind to gybe was so graceful and easy as the foil seemed to not slow down whatsoever. I had to hold the wing up as I rode at wind speed downwind through the gybe and only once I had completed the gybe and was on the new tack did the apparent wind come back into play giving me ample time to grab the mini boom and sheet on long before the need to pump the foil. The glide is truly amazing and I look forward to now taking it out on the ocean for the next and final test ... the downwinder.

This is what I love the most about foiling, downwinding. The pump ability and drag free glide should make the eleven 10 a weapon of speed and efficiency for surfing the ocean wind chop. If you see me on the water, hit me up for a go on the most efficient wing i've ever foiled on.

DM

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"SABFoil (Moses) 1110 front wing" started by ActionSportsWA